The Best Hats And Fascinators
Pretty As A Peacock: Choosing The Perfect Hats And Fascinators For The Races
It’s all about tradition, class and finery when it comes to dressing up for a day at the races. Most importantly, what women are wearing on their heads can make all the difference, and that means the most amazing, elaborate, glamorous or show-stopping hats and fascinators on parade.
A beautiful new frock or coat is always key, but if you truly want to wow the crowds, then investing in the perfect headgear will steal the show every time.
When it comes to your fashion budget, don’t worry, because there really is something here for everyone. When choosing a hat or fascinator, think of it as a formal, fun and flirty occasion.
If you’re heading to the most iconic event at the Royal Ascot or lucky enough to be in a box this year, just a little reminder. The dress code is strict, especially for headgear, for example.
Hats should be worn, but a headpiece with a base of 4 inches (10cm) or more in diameter is also acceptable.
Here are our favorites that feature elegance, prettiness and status:
1. Laura Apsit Livens Siren is a gorgeous Panama hat in the classic shape of the Matador style. That is the London-based milliner’s signature hat. It features a stunning red crown along with red and white stripes on the wide brim, and it is hand-stitched with tremendous detail.
2.Phase Eight Tyra Disc Fascinator spells modern, smooth and sophisticated in fascinators. It comes complete with a gorgeous bow applique on the top and glamorous wired feather extensions, all set on a slim headband. The navy option is lovely to have, and this fascinator is understated but in a very polished way.
3. Sahar Millinery Butterfly Saucer is a striking, bold, wearable sculpture like all the designs that develop from Sahar Millinery. This beautiful black disc will catch every eye as its nine colorful butterflies sit still for a moment as the world admires each detail of this hand-crafted millinery masterpiece set on a wire Alice band.
4. Philip Treacy Parasisal and Buntal Straw Headpiece speaks volumes in it its exquisite, black parasisal straw beauty adorned with sculpted ribbon detailing. Mr. Treacy is no stranger to millinery finery, whose spectacular creations have sat prettily on the heads of famous people around the world. Secure the headband and comb into side-swept hair or a chignon, and the stage is yours.
5. Faux Feather Pillpox Fascinator by Marks & Spencer is a lovely way to begin your journey into a fun day at the races when you’re really a hat novice. The cream and black colour add just the right touch of elegance and chicness with feather and ribbon detailing.
6. Accessorize Marie Wow Hat is big, bold and white in the classic style with a gorgeous, wide striped brim adorned with wispy feather flowers lining the domed crown. This ultra-feminine hat is ideal for a very sunny day and will turn head after head at the races.
The races allow every woman to show off another side of her personality in striking hats and fascinators. Define your moment now with millinery’s best.